What does a web agency do exactly?
A web agency offers a wide range of services to its clients – it all depends on your expertise and that of the team you put together.
We can cite among others:
- Website development (e-commerce, showcase, blog, etc.)
- Site hosting
- Software development
- SEO (referencing, buying keywords on search engines)
- Community management, the launch of Facebook campaigns
- Graphics, video editing / audio-visual production
- Security audits
- Creation of mobile applications, a service increasingly offered.
Some web agencies, often called digital agencies, specializing in digital communication. There are also many website creation agencies. Once again, a web agency is like the person who founded it and the members of his team.
What investments should you plan to create a web agency?
For the creation of your web agency, several investments will be necessary but, once again, these depend on the size of your project.
First of all, if working from home is suitable for freelance developers, you may need to consider setting up in offices in order to best launch your web agency. You can, therefore, rent your own premises and take out a commercial lease or opt for a co-working space.
In addition, creating a web agency involves being more than a developer: sales, marketing and accounting are on the agenda. All this comes at a cost: accounting solution, CRM software for customer relationship management, marketing, etc. There are many expenses to be expected to get started on this good foundation.
Once the skills have been acquired and the right people have been hired, the biggest challenge is to find clients: there is no magic recipe here, everything depends on your motivation!
Note that if you are unemployed; you will be able to benefit from aid for business creation offered by the State.
What legal structure for a web agency?
Choosing your legal status can be difficult, the good news is that the activity of a web agency is not subject to any particular restriction: it is, therefore, possible to create a web agency in a company or even as an Individual Business. We come back to the essential points.
If you are embarking on the adventure alone, you can choose to create your web agency with one of these three statuses:
- The status of micro-entrepreneur (auto-entrepreneur): inexpensive and easy to set up this status can be a good option for testing a project. The self-employed person benefits from tax and social advantages but sees his turnover limited to a specific amount for a company providing services. In addition, this status has the advantage of being as easy to adopt as it is to leave: you will be able to develop your project in the company if the adventure takes another turn!
- The (Sole Proprietorship with Limited Liability): single member allows you to have a higher turnover and offer the advantage of protecting your personal assets.
- The (joint-stock company with Unipersonal): sole proprietorship also protects your personal assets and not be limited by a turnover threshold.
What training courses are offered for website creation?
Many training courses in website creation exist, whether online or in specialized schools.
If you are already an employee of a company, know that any employee who can prove at least one year of seniority in the same company benefits from 20 hours of work or training per year.
How much does it cost to create a website?
The price of creating a website depends on many factors: type of site, number of pages, quality of design, features etc. This is why the web agency must clearly define the characteristics of the site requested in advance, in order to establish an adjusted quote.
About the author
DMTwebhosting.com’s Editorial Team prides itself on bringing you the latest web hosting news and the best web hosting articles!
You could also link to the news and articles sections: